$10,000 PRIZE FOR MOST IMPACTFUL SEAFOOD INNOVATIONAugust 25, 2017 On Friday, 8 September in Ho Chi Minh City, five innovations are competing for the $10,000 grand prize in the final round of the Aquaculture Innovation Challenge (AIC). After the boot-camp phase, where finalists prepare their pitch with the help of business plan coaches and pitch gurus, the finalists will present their ideas to a panel of judges who will determine which innovation has the most business potential and positive social or environmental impact. Industry professionals, media, and potential investors will be joining the audience of the AIC finals giving the runners up a chance to make contacts and meet investors. The AIC is brought to you by Seafood Trade Intelligence Portal (STIP), Solidaridad and Fresh Studio.
The following innovations have made it to the final round:
- Entobel, producing fish feed from insects fed with byproducts from Vietnam’s food industry;
- Green Solutions, producing a natural antioxidant preservative (NAP) extracted from avocado seeds that can replace commercial additives used for shrimp preservation;
- ShrimpVet, making the technical value chain of shrimp farming more accessible to Vietnamese farmers;
- Verifik8, a mobile monitoring and verification software platform designed to provide assurances to seafood buyers;
- Wind-powered aeration, a low-cost and low-maintenance pond aeration system with a low environmental impact.
(full schedule can be found on the AIC website)
14:20 Pitching sessions (10 mins presentation, 10 mins questions)
17:30 Winners announcedFor investors interested in attending the AIC finals, please register on the AICwebsite.