Commercial communications and outreach InternOctober 8, 2019
What is STIP?
Seafood Trade Intelligence Portal (STIP) is a foundation, owned by Solidaridad Network. STIP develops online intelligence products which increase transparency in the seafood sector. By doing so STIP is able to broker partnerships for investments in sustainable seafood supply chains.
What will you do?
The intern will be working closely together with the Commercial Outreach Manager and the Communication Officer. As an intern you will have a wide range of activities, supporting the team with various tasks, including:
- Commercial outreach and account management of our local and global members, including managing their needs and questions, helping out with consultancy projects.
- Supporting the development of a improved engagement strategy with our trail subscribers to improve the conversion rate.
- Distribution, sales (both magazine and advertisements) of our products and membership, as well as following up with new clients.
- Actively pursuing local and global prospects through email or phone, by creating teasers in the form of e.g. small reports or powerpoint presentations.
- Making use of social media channels to promote our products and increasing online traffic to our platform
The intern should have the following skills:
- Eager to contact people and businesses and build engagement with them.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Being able to read, write and report in English
- Able to work independently
- Have a hands-on approach
- Available for 4 to 6 months, 32 hours a week
- Must be registered as a student at a university
- Experience with the seafood sector
- Fluent in one other language besides English, Spanish and Dutch
- Experience with social media, web analytics and improving conversion rates
What do we offer
Opportunity to work together with ambitious colleagues in a social enterprise. The opportunity to take on a serious role in a small team. A great learning environment to build up your working experience and an international network. Furthermore, we provide internship compensation of €285,-
Office location: UtrechtPlease submit your application letter and CV before 16-12-2019 to [email protected]. For further questions please contact Jasmijn Venneman at [email protected] or +31 640813361. Ideally, after interviews in January, the internship will start at the beginning of February.