Deputy Editor in Chief and Market Researcher (1 fte)January 28, 2019
What is STIP?
Seafood Trade Intelligence Portal (STIP) is a start-up company, owned by Solidaridad Network. STIP develops intelligence products, which increase transparency in the seafood sector. By doing so, STIP is able to broker partnerships for investments in sustainable seafood supply chains. As our company is expanding rapidly, we are looking for an enthusiastic investigative seafood journalist and market researcher.
If you join us, you will act as an investigative seafood journalist for the ShrimpTails magazine, pitching, developing and writing engaging and in-depth stories, and be a part of the organisation and editing process. ShrimpTails is a must-have magazine, helping the industry to remain up-to-date with the latest developments and trends in shrimp production, export, import and consumption. ShrimpTails provides the industry with standardized sourcing and market updates on one hand, and a mixture of interviews, columns and “In-depth Tails” on the other.
Next to this, you will work on a variety of market research assignments for STIP’s clients. You will conduct primary and secondary qualitative and quantitative research, independently, and write consultancy reports according to a term of reference. Furthermore, you will be engaged in product and business development and contribute to other communication activities of STIP. You will work in a dynamic organization with a strong and ambitious team of 5 young seafood professionals. STIP is a fast growing organization and you will be a crucial player to continue and sustain this growth.
The division of work between ShrimpTails and other market research will be about 50-50.
What do we ask of you?
- 1-5 years of experience as a market researcher or (seafood) journalist
- Excellent written English
- Affinity with the seafood industry
- Able to develop context around trade data
- Be able to work cross-culturally
- Be a creative and pro-active person who comes up with their own ideas and stories
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Confident networker, social and able to engage with people in and outside the industry
- Someone who is a team player but takes responsibility and ownership
- A person who is able to work in a start-up environment, and can perform under tight deadlines.
- Preferably, a native English speaker
- Preferably one other foreign language besides English
- Coordinate activities around ShrimpTails
- Write stories for ShrimpTails independently
- Conduct primary and secondary qualitative and quantitative research independently
- Write consultancy reports according to terms of reference
- Participate in product and business development
- Contribute to other communication activities of STIP
- Young and vibrant team to work with
- Good office space in Utrecht
- Positive work environment
- Space for your own initiative and personal development
- Competitive salary and secondary benefits
- Possibility to grow your (international) network