Vacancy: Data analyst & consultantDecember 16, 2020
What is Seafood TIP?
Seafood TIP is a member-based platform based in the Netherlands which provides intelligence on trade, production and market developments of various seafood species. Our core mission is to increase the level of transparency in the seafood supply chain which we do by combining our core strengths: analysis, understanding, interpretation and communication of data. We are a social enterprise based in the Netherlands, owned by Norway-based Kontali, the leading business intelligence provider in the seafood industry. We have great ambitions and are looking for candidates to contribute in our plans for further expansion.
What will you do?
Together with a growing team of ambitious people, you will get the opportunity to lead the industry forward by working on data gathering, analysis and modelling. Your main task is to take the lead on optimizing our data-sources and analysing. Combining your industry knowledge and network with our available data and information, you will provide understandable and structured insight and analysis on relevant topics to our members and stakeholders. Next to this, you will work as consultant and analyst for customer projects. This might be on your own or as a part of a team with colleagues based in the Netherlands and Norway.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a person with passion for data and the seafood industry, with the ability to present findings clearly to a diverse audience. We prefer candidates with experience and network from the seafood industry, but if you have a strong background on data analysis and interpretation, we encourage you to apply as well. Since we are a start-up, and part of a growing global company, you will get the freedom to develop your role in the desired direction. This demands a high level of independence to work following our common strategy. It is essential that you communicate well with our customers and other employees and are result-oriented. As we are a social enterprise, we encourage you to have a passion for sustainability and seafood.
- Data gathering, analysis and modelling to understand the bigger picture
- Use this insight to provide analysis and intel to our members and clients
- Identify, maintain and develop an industry network for information gathering and potential projects
- Work on consultancy projects for external customers
- Work on the common strategy of growing our member platform
- Higher education within a relevant field of study
- Experience with data analytics and or modelling
- Able to passionately present and communicate results (both written and oral)
- Keen to work in a global start-up environment
- Willingness to some international travels (Europe, Asia, North and South America)
- Experience and network in the seafood sector
- Fluent in one other language besides English
What do we offer in return?
We offer an opportunity to work together with ambitious colleagues to become a global intelligence provider for the industry supported by Kontali. We offer a one-year contract with the option to extend when the cooperation is successful. Depending on experience, we offer a competitive salary for a full time position (36 hours), including fringe benefits. Office location: The Hague. (we are an IND recognised sponsor)
How to apply:
Please submit your application letter and CV to [email protected] before the 11th of January. For further questions, please contact Sander Visch at [email protected] or +31 618057120. Ideally, after interviews in January, the vacancy will be filled as soon as possible.